About Pt. D.D.U.M.H.Sc. & Ayush University of CG, Raipur :
The formation of the new state of Chhattisgarh on 1st November, 2000, was the realization of a long cherished dream of the people of Chhattisgarh. The Government of Chhattisgarh wished to ensure all round development of the people of Chhattisgarh. It brought forth opportunities to understand the needs and expectations of the people. The State Government gave high priority to improve health care by ascertaining better availability and adequacy of services. This included opening of new hospitals, dispensaries and clinics, appointing a good number of doctors and other staff. To improve the health care the state required a large number of qualified doctors to man the hospitals, dispensaries and clinics all over the state. With this view, the Government established new medical colleges in the state.
Since ages the people of Chhattisgarh have been benefited with the practice of various Indian systems of medicine and health care. However, the people have also adopted the modern system of medicine since last 150 years. The State Government acknowledged that not only the study of modern system medicine but also other traditions of medicine be encouraged and regulated.
And with a view to establishing and incorporating a teaching, research and affiliating university for the purpose of ensuring efficient and systematic education, training, research and development of Health sciences including Modern System of Medicine, Ayurved, Yoga and Naturopathy Unani, Siddha, Homoeopathy, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Public Health, The Ayush And Health Science University Of Chhattisgarh. Act, 2008 was enacted by the Chhattisgarh Legislature. The University was established on 16th September, 2008. It has now been named Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Science and Ayush University of Chhattisgarh.
Attracted by the opportunity to study and conduct advanced research with renowned professors and fellow scholars in one of the most dynamic cities, students also come from the neighboring States. Jurisdiction of Ayush University covers entire central and southern part of Lacs of students are enrolled every year, both for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The University plays a major role in the educational, cultural and economic life of the region.The M.J. College of Nursing established by M.J. Educational Society is an earnest attempt to impart quality education to the youth of our country. The Institution aims to provide quality education to student without making any discrimination of caste, creed, colour & social status. We help our economically weak students.
About the College Amenities
- M.J. College of Nursing offers the students excellent academic exposer through various continuing nursing education programmes, Conferences, Workshops and visits of eminent personalities.
- Library with large volume of books, latest periodicals.
- Fully Networked computer laboratory with broadband Internet connectivity.
- Fully equipped Nutrition, Fundamental of Nursing .Community .Midwifery & Child health Lab.
- Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Biochemistry laboratories.
- Hostel Facility available separately for Boys & Girls.
- Educational visits for professional training of students.
- Regular personality development classes.
- Regular Special English Classes for Hindi medium students.